- Uninstall Agent (this step may be unnecessary since using /FORCEINSTALL to install a new agent removes the current agent but it doesn't hurt and may prevent install failures.)
- Use the /REMOVE command-line option to uninstall the agent.
- Click Start and the Run.
- Click Browse and navigate to the following file: "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrmInst.exe"
- Append /REMOVE=AGENT to the end of the file path in the "Open:" box and click OK.
- The McAfee Agent and Updater Installation window may appear. Click OK upon completion.
- Install New Agent: FramePkg.exe /FORCEINSTALL /INSTALL=AGENT /INSTDIR="%ProgramFiles%\McAfee\Common Framework"
- Test Connectivity: "%ProgramFiles%\MCAFEE\COMMON FRAMEWORK\CMDAGENT.EXE" /C /E /P /S
- Try to manually update from new ePO server
This is my personal blog to keep track of all those sysadmin items that keep recurring in my life that I can never remember.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Upgrade ePO Agent
Posted by barnesExpress at 8:52 AM
Labels: anti-virus, McAfee
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment